We're Still Alive

What a busy summer it has been. I don't know if it is just us- or if it is every newly married couple but this year has been the busiest of my entire life. Crazy, huh? I can honestly say it has been ten times busier than even last year when we were planning our wedding. And I am not sure if it is going to be slowing down anytime soon. A vacation is much need, and definitely in our future.  As much as I enjoy blogging, it's usually the last thing I want to do after work, taking care of the pup, and laundry. So I wanted to give you all an update (as if you're really interested) in what us Hickman's have been up to.

For starters we have both been slammed at work. It has been a good busy though. We've also been busy with weddings, bridal and baby showers, and all kinds of birthday parties in between. It's that stage of life for Sam and I when all our friends have big things happening, so we're constantly on the go. I have to admit- I love it! Our big pup is doing wonderful. Stubborn as all get out- and is taking his precious time adapting to potty training. Ugh. But we love him and we will continue to work at it. He does really well during the night. He's usually asleep by 9:30pm and this month he has started to sleep until 8-8:30am as opposed to his usual 7 am. Which makes me super happy. He eats twice a day still, and loves his kennel. He does really well about not pottying in the kennel- but we're still working on the house training part. He sometimes will bark or go to the door to let us know- so he's learning I suppose. He knows to sit and loves his treats. Baby steps. In addition to Heyward- we've also added a new car in the mix. We made it a goal for 2014 to pay off my car, give it to Sam since it is still in great shape, and get a new one. It was time for Sam to upgrade- and as much as I love my jetta I knew it was finally time. So I passed it to Sam and we got ourselves a new car. I called ahead on the Thursday before we made the trip to Wilmington the next day and spoke with the sales associate. I had everything done and ready for me to come pick something out and sign the papers. I knew I wanted something a little bit bigger than the Jetta for the future kiddos, but nothing too big. (I'm a car girl ALL the way.) So I looked at a few smaller SUV's and narrowed down my search. Gas mileage was a big one for me because even though I work close to home, I am always on the go, so it needed to be decent, we also needed four doors and enough room in the trunk for a stroller (one day, people). We got to the dealership and I test drove the Juke. I loved it immediately. So we signed the papers and were on our way. I was expecting it to be way harder than it actually was! Now we move on to finding a house to call our home. Our goal is to be in one by Christmas of 2015, providing that is God's plan for us. We will continue to take our time searching, praying, and enjoying our time as busy newlyweds until then.

 
He's much, much bigger now. This was a few weeks ago.


Just a few weekends ago we were off celebrating our dearest friends as they are getting ready to tie the knot! NINE DAYS Y'ALL! The girls headed to Charleston and the boys to Charlotte...I think. It was a blast and I can't wait to celebrate them so soon as husband and wife!




That pretty much sums up our summer! Sometimes I get to see Sam for dinner, other times we don't meet back up until we're crawling in bed for the night. I am hoping that the holidays will calm our schedules down a bit. Two more weddings to go for 2014. I can't wait. I am also counting down the days until I can bust out my boots. Its not quite cold enough yet! Bring on Fall, Y'all!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

featured Slider

Back
to top