50 Shades of Grey.

Let me preface this by saying this is just MY opinion. I mean it is my blog, I can write about whatever I choose to. With that being said, you are more than welcome to disagree with me, and click the red x in the corner. It will not hurt my feelings. With 50 Shades of Grey coming out, my facebook has been flooded with all things Christian Grey. Some bad, mostly good. Here is the problem I have with the whole dern thing. Is that us as Christians are setting a double standard on this topic.

I am a lover of all kinds of movies. One of my flaws (gasp, I'm not perfect?!) is that I love a funny movie. If it makes me laugh I am all.about.it. Rated G, PG-13, or R. I understand I need to work on it. As a Christian, walking into The Hangover 3 is NOT a good look for my witness...(that's why I watch it a home....I kid, I kid.) I am fully aware of this. That is why you will not see me condemn anyone for what they read or watch. My timeline is full of people posting that we shouldn't watch this film, but I bet they have no objections to watching a marathon of the Kardashians, or buying the new Beyoncé album. It is honestly no different. SEX sells. Whether it be a movie about it, or its in a song. It is everywhere. No I am not a 50 Shades fan, but no, I am not going to tell you not to watch it. That is between you and the big guy upstairs. It also ticks me off when people say that we shouldn't watch it because we're "Christians".....yeah well there is a lot of things we should and shouldn't do because we're Christians- but I don't see any of yall (myself included) posting about that either. We shouldn't cuss, worry, or get worked up over money because we're Christians but you can bet your bottom dollar I do this on a daily bases. We concern ourselves with telling people what not to do- that we are not sharing with them what needs to be done. As Christians we should be more concerned with praying for Israel than a movie. I don't see anything about that flooding my timeline? My own fault as well. The world is getting worse and worse. There are far more important issues to spread around.

Another problem I have is that people are saying it is making the women lust after someone that is not their husband. It is making a fictional world in which our husbands will never live up to.....

Did anyone watch The Notebook?



I step off my soapbox now.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

featured Slider

Back
to top