One year, and one day ago..

Well its been quite a long time since I opened my blog to write. Since I last left my little corner of the internet we have become homeowners and parents! To say we have had our hands full would be a complete understatement. I wanted to post this yesterday but sickness hit and boy has it been a extremely difficult 36 hours. So we're a day late- but better late than never. 


A year (and a day) ago I found out I was pregnant with our sweet little man. I had about seven blog posts saved the day I found out, each one worded different with all the feelings and emotions of my newest discovery. Never posted because I just wasn't sure that I was ready to share something so very personal. But here we are, a year later and man what a year it has been. This little boy is growing so fast that I want to cling to every memory I can and remember every last detail of this precious season we are in. Hence the comeback. I want to share with you our journey through our life mainly for my self and my memory but also for those of you who do life with us, and pray for us daily. 

I love hearing stories about how people find out they are pregnant, so here is our story. It was a Monday. I remember the moment so vividly. I had been pretty emotional all week which is so unlike me, but I didn't pay much attention to it. I even caught myself crying during Fixer Upper a few times which is so out of character. Any who- Sam and I were going back and forth that night like every couple does and I was so frustrated I started to cry, real life tears. I never cry. Ask anyone who knows me and unless something is bad wrong- it just doesn't happen. It must have been like the fifth time in one week I had tears streaming down my face and I just knew. I had a gut feeling. I got off the phone with Sam and I immediately ran to the bathroom. I happened to have a pregnancy test from a few months before and I took the test. I waited a few minutes, took a deep breath and checked it. Positive. Y'all I almost fainted. I just knew it was a false positive. I ran next door to my aunts and made her look. She told me to wait and get a digital one and take it again the next morning. Well I did just that. The next morning I took two digital tests, both read pregnant. Then for a week after that I took 8 more. Yep, you read that right. I took a total of 11 tests because I literally just couldn't believe it. We had decided after a few months of trying and no luck that we were going to focus on our house hunting and put having a baby on hold- and as soon as I had made it up in my mind to be okay with putting it on the back burner I get a positive?! God laughs when we make plans. I didn't tell Sam right away and looking back I have no idea how he never noticed but he didn't. I kept the secret for about a week or so until we took our annual Christmas card pictures. It was the hardest week keeping that secret but it was worth it to have those images of Sam's face. 

Our lives have changed drastically since that day. Our days revolve around the baby, our conversations are about him, everything we do is literally all for Huck. We are having so much fun being parents and I can't wait to share with you more about him and the past three and a half months we have had with him. Until then- here are a few images of me sharing the news with Sam. I will forever love these pictures. Can't believe its been a whole year! Time sure does fly when you're having fun! 










CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

featured Slider

Back
to top