Thankful for the next step.

This post is a little unusual from all my others in the Thankful series. Today I am thankful for courage, compassion, and forgiveness. Let me explain. It's about to get real personal. 

I have a sister. You're probably wondering why you haven't seen her on my blog, right? Probably questioning why I've never mentioned her, right? Well I won't go into detail but lets just say we haven't talked and/or seen each other in almost a whole year. It was December 14th to be exact. Talk about a dagger through the heart. Long story short, she was my very best friend and now we're strangers. 

Well I got a call from her yesterday. She asked me to dinner to talk on Friday. This will be the first time we will sit down and fingers crossed have a civilized conversation. I know I should go, there is no question about it. I know I can't let this keep building up. Why am I telling you this on a blog? Because I ask and trust that if you're reading, you will say a prayer for me. I need to soften my heart and open my ears. I need to have compassion, and I need to be willing to forgive and forget. I also need forgiveness myself. 

We all have issues but I highly encourage you to fix what is broken this holiday season if it is in your control to do so. Regardless of what happens I love my sister to death and I am constantly praying for my family. 







I'd love to have my best friend and my sister back, so say a prayer for me that this is a step in the right direction.

Love y'all!
Mags


CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. I hope things will work out with you and your sister and that you are able to have a good chat at dinner! xo

    http://www.ispyadiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys, sisters are such a blessing to have

    ReplyDelete

featured Slider

Back
to top