Devin asked and she said YES!

I know it's late- but I've been waiting a month and a half to write this post so I just couldn't wait one more day. Today was such a happy day. One of my best friends, and bridesmaids got ENGAGED today. I cannot tell you how much happiness fills my soul for the two of them. Devin and Haley are the perfect match. They have a love for each other that the Notebook doesn't even compare to.

About a month or so ago Sam and I went to Charlotte to a Jesus Culture concert with Devin, Haley, Drew, Meghan and Jessica. It was then that we found out that Devin had planned to ask Haley to marry him on their six year dating anniversary. (Cue the 'awws'.) I mean, does it get any better than that? Well, actually it does. Devin had the proposal planned out so perfectly. It was better than any show or movie that I have ever seen. He asked her close girl friends, her sister, and her soon-to-be sister-in-law to help him execute his plan. Haley thought that Devin was picking her up at 6 and taking her to Pawleys Island for dinner- to her surprise five of us girls show up in her bathroom and blind fold her, and put a pillow case over her head and kidnapped her. He had planned a picnic for her on the beach for her and us girls in the same exact spot that they celebrated their one year anniversary. Then in the middle of our picnic Emily and Meghan (her sisters) came in and carried her to her next location where Devin had a video made for her that took her for a walk down memory lane- with a pretty sweet dance off at the end I might add. Then she was blind folded again and was walked out in front of the pier where 70 of their closest friends and family were waiting for them holding a banner up asking for Haley to marry him. The whole proposal was amazing, so thoughtful and filled with love. I couldn't imagine any two people more perfect for each other than Devin and Haley. God pieced them together so wonderfully and I know that he has great plans for them. I am so beyond happy for the both of them and I can't wait to see what else God has in store for the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Devin Sellers! AHHHH!





Haley had no idea her cousin, Mary Ashton was there until the picnic! Well done girls, well done. 


So we had a little fun with her being blindfolded. 




Will you Marry us, Haley? 


She said YES!


Letting balloons go for Mr. Donald- such a sweet moment. 


Isn't she glowing?!?


Check out that bling! 


Newly engaged! 


Love this!





I am so excited for them and so honored that I got to be a part of such a special day in their lives. Love you both! 
xoxo-
Mags

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

featured Slider

Back
to top