The Wedding Diaries: All in the Details

Today marks three whole months of sweet, sweet marriage for Sam and I. What better way to celebrate another month down that to wrap up our wedding with the final recap. I have to say I thought I would be much more sad now that everything is over- but I am really not. I am just so happy to finally be married. I can't wait to see the plans that God has for us unfold! I can't wait to share with you how newlywed life is! So here is the very last wedding post for us Hickmans: The details. This will probably be my favorite post since the details was my favorite part. I am a believer that a wedding should reflect who you are as people, and as a couple. I think our wedding did just that!

Ceremony:
 We wanted a very bold Christmas theme. We incorporated our candy cane theme into the trees, the mens ties and little boys bow ties, and the flowers, the baseball touches in the candy canes and programs, and of course we had to have some monograms in there somewhere.
 







Reception:

We had a lot of fun coming up with the reception decor. Since we didn't serve alcohol- we knew we needed something to fill in the space of "cocktail hour" so keeping with the baseball theme we did a hot dog stand. Apparently it was a hit because they were all out by the time we got there! We also did a s'mores bar and hot apple cider. We did foam fingers for our exit, baseball cookie favors and a braves jersey for our guestbook. We are going to frame it and hang it in our house.






Above was one of my favorite details. We asked as many of our family as we could to send us a wedding picture to display in the middle of where my bridals were displayed. We look up to our family so much and their Godly marriages mean so much to us.





My dancing shoes.







We will cherish these memories forever. There you have it- our last wedding post. All these beautiful pictures are by Amber Rhodes Photography. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

featured Slider

Back
to top