DIY American Flag Shorts

So the fourth is coming up and I'm sure there will be many BBQ's and cookouts during the next week, so in true 4th spirit I've decided to make my own American Flag shorts to wear!
I've been seeing them float around on Pinterest and I think they are really adorable, so Blair and I decided to try it ourselves, and in my opinion- they turned out super cute!

What you do:

Find an old pair of jean shorts, or jeans and cut them to your desired length.

Pick up a can of Red, Blue, and White (if your jeans are darker) spray paint. The cheap kind will work just as well.

Grab a roll of painters tape, construction paper, and scissors.

If your jeans are darker go ahead and mist them with the white paint while you get all the other materials prepared.

Cut out stars from construction paper and tape them on one side, and line off the other leg with the painters tape like so:




Fold them in half and spray the star side with the blue spray paint, let it dry for a few minutes.

Flip it to the other side and spray the stripes with the red paint; let it dry for a few minutes and pull of the painter tape. 



In 20 minutes you've got a super cute pair of patriotic jean shorts! Just wash them once, and roll up the bottoms and you're done. Match them with a cute tank top and wear them with pride!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

xoxo-
Mags


CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. That looks so awesome! I also made one for myself. I'd be happy if you check it out :)


    http://funandoblivious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

featured Slider

Back
to top